16Drafting An “Air Coryell” Team For The Modern Age
At this point, I think it’s pretty set in stone I’ll never be an NFL coach. However, if the chance ever came along, I would be sure to install a version of the “Air Coryell” offense. I would stress five things to the offense:
1. Make the defense afraid of the deep completions.
2. Be unpredictable by rotating personnel and keeping everyone in motion.
3. Trick teams by allowing improvisation with multiple options on each passing play.
4. Run the ball inside, keeping the defense honest with Jet Sweeps and Bubble Screens.
5. Open lanes and let speed triumph.
This is the team I would choose to accomplish those goals . . .